DATA WE COLLECT
If you submit an application for scholarship, we collect the following information:
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Home phone
- Name and location of high school(s) attended
- Current year in school
- Current grade point average (GPA)
- Name of two- or four-year college or technical school you plan to attend
- Address of two- or four-year college or technical school you plan to attend
- Street Address
- The name of your parents or guardians
- The address of your parents or guardians
- Information and essays you provide us in responding to questions we ask such as leadership experience, school and community activities, awards or other forms of recognition you have received, career goals, and ambitions for the future, what made you decide to pursue ag as a career? Issues of concern to the agriculture industry and your recommendation to solving that challenge in a way that results in a positive outcome for the industry.
- Your video Submission and all information it contains
- School Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
We may adjust this list and this list shall be deemed to be automatically updated to the extent the online form is modified.
Other information we collect: We may also collect other information from you if you fill out our online contact form. Currently we collect your name, email address, and any question you may have, however in the future we may collect other information which may be disclosed on the contact form.
Collectively the above information is referred to as the "Directly Submitted Personal Information."
If you are not comfortable providing the requested information via email or web forms, please contact us by calling 888.339.3334, or by writing to us at 45 Aileron Court, Westminster, MD 21157.
We will not obtain the above personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us.
Information collected and stored automatically:
Our website also uses various third party provided tools and plugins that may collect some types of data, such cookies, web gifs, tracking code, or perform certain functions. As of the date of this policy those tools and functions are as follows:
google-analytics.com (and subdomains) - this tool, owned by Google, provides us with site and link usage, and inbound and outbound link tracking analytical information. You can read about Google's privacy and data security policy here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en .
(Collectively the "Web Tools" and the information collected by such Web Tools is referred to as "Analytics Information")
The Web Tools may collect, store, transfer or use some or all of the following information:
- Your internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com") if you use a private Internet access account and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our site from another web site, the address of that web site.
While the above Web Tools are currently in use, we reserve the right to use different, more, or less similar Web Tools in the future. We may update this policy or make other disclosures about such use when we do.
We are not responsible for the data collection, data use, data security or privacy practices of the above third parties.
You have the right to block some or all of the connections to these Web Tools; if you do, part or all of our website may not function correctly. Tools to allow you to block third party software are typically provided as plugins or as setting to your browser.
Notwithstanding the above, we make reasonable effort to limit the amount of data that could identify you individually from access by such Web Tools.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDED INFORMATION
We may also receive information about you from other sources (i.e. Where we are not collecting the information ourselves), such as from other users with whom you interact through the website or social media integrated with the website, sponsors, third party social media platforms, advertising partners, and other parties ("Third Party Provided Information"). With respect to Third Party Provided Information we will comply in all material respects with the contractual obligations we owe to such third party who has provided such Third Party Provided Information, but such information will not be deemed Directly Submitted Personal Data hereunder.
HOW WE USE THE DATA YOU PROVIDE
In general we use your Directly Submitted Personal Data solely to provide services to you, and we do not transmit that Directly Submitted Personal Data to any third party except as you may permit, that may be necessary to provide the services to you, or in the case of scholarship applications, to evaluate the application - which may include provision of that information to third parties such as judges and school administrators; however:
- We may use third party suppliers and/or service providers to facilitate our services and they may have access to Directly Submitted Personal Data. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements, such as a web hosting company, data center, information technology firm and similar firms. We enter into contracts with all third party service providers that obligate them to maintain the confidentiality and security of Directly Submitted Personal Data. In general, we do not permit these suppliers or service providers to retain, disclose or sell your information to third parties, except to the extent that we are permitted to do so directly as provided above.
- If we offer integration with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or similar sites, we may use the information you share on those sites with us, but our use will be in conformity to the consents or other requirements of the providers of those sites.
Unlike the Directly Submitted Personal Data, Analytics Information is not subject to any obligations of confidentiality or security and is transmitted and used for any purpose, as we do not control what the third parties mentioned above do with such information.
If for any reason you would like to be removed from our email contact list please contact us at the email address, phone number or address indicated on our website, or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our email management tools may also provide automated list removal functions.
SECURITY, INTRUSION, AND DETECTION
We use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to protect Directly Submitted Personal Data from unauthorized disclosure or use, however, to the extent applicable law requires a greater or different effort, we will comply with applicable law. Due to the nature of the internet and computer security we cannot guarantee that such Directly Submitted Personal Data will never be accessed by an unauthorized person. In the event of unauthorized access to or use of Directly Submitted Personal Data, we will (a) comply with all legal obligations we have, which may include giving notice to applicable government offices of such breach; and (b) use reasonable effort to terminate such unauthorized use as soon as is practicable.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; WAIVER OF CERTAIN RIGHTS
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
THIRD PARTY LINKED CONTENT
COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT NOTICE.
We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is not suitable to minors. you can discover some of the providers of such parental control technology by searching for "parental control software" using a major search engine, or by visiting https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0038-onguardonline.
RIGHTS UNDER OTHER LAWS
You may have additional rights under state law to access certain information; for example California residents may have rights under California Code Section 1798.83. We honor these rights.
POLICY CHANGES AND UPDATES
Your continued use of our web site constitutes your acceptance of this policy, including any changes, unless you elect to terminate such use and opt-out of communications. We do not expect to change our respect for your wishes and your privacy. However, new laws, new products and services, and changes to our business operations and/or structure could require changes to our policy. We may modify this policy prospectively at any time by posting the revised version on the website or sending you a copy of the modified document through other reasonable means. Your continued use of the website will be considered acceptance of any such modification. All modifications to this policy will be effective immediately upon posting, unless otherwise noted by us.