News and Press Releases
FARM CREDIT FOUNDATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ADVANCEMENT ANNOUNCES 2021 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement has announced the sixteen students who will each be awarded $10,000 to pursue their agricultural studies.
Westminster, MD – The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement has announced the sixteen recipients of their 2021 scholarship program. Ten thousand dollars will be awarded to each of the students for a total of $160,000 to pursue their careers in the agriculture industry. The recipients are:
- Zachary Baker from Adamstown, Maryland
- Brandon Bixler from East Earl, Pennsylvania
- McKenna Breeding from Felton, Delaware
- Cahlen Cheatham from Myersville, Maryland
- Colton DeValle from Damascus, Maryland
- Taylor Halbleib from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- Maddie Musser from Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Arilyn Oatman from Holtwood, Pennsylvania
- Paige Peiffer from Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- Sarah Scott from Bird-In-Hand, Pennsylvania
- Skyler Slimmer from Myersville, Maryland
- Lynne Thomas from Fallston, Maryland
- Rachel Waldner from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Leslie Webb from Greenwood, Delaware
- Rachel Widmaier from Cambridge, Maryland
- Garrett Wright from Mardela Springs, Maryland
“On behalf of all of the Foundation Board members, we are very proud of each of the scholarship winners this year,” says Tony Ill, Chairman of the Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement. “The future of agriculture is bright with these students preparing for careers in the industry, whether it’s on the farm, or what we like to call on the ‘other side of ag’.”
The non-profit Foundation was established in 2015 and is funded by MidAtlantic Farm Credit. The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement’s scholarship program awards scholarships valued at $10,000 to high school seniors or students currently enrolled in an advanced educational program. The applicants must be planning to pursue a career in agriculture and reside in a county within MidAtlantic Farm Credit’s five-state territory.
“We encourage all eligible students to apply for the 2022 scholarship later this year,” adds Ill. “The applications we’ve had the pleasure of reviewing has been incredibly impressive, and we thoroughly enjoy learning about each student’s unique background and career aspirations.”
For more information about the scholarship and other Foundation programs, please visit fcfoundationforag.org.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT FOUNDATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ADVANCEMENT
The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement is a $5.7M non-profit foundation formed in 2015, created to help advance the future of agriculture. The Foundation’s scholarship program is open to all students residing in MidAtlantic Farm Credit’s five-state territory who fit the eligibility requirements. The scholarship program was announced as part of Farm Credit’s centennial celebration, held in 2016.